Recently one of the Canadian Dad Bloggers shared a humorous post from CBC (Radio-Canada) Parent’s website called 7 Made-Up Words That Perfectly Describe Life as a Parent. Actually, because these clever clogs know how to work their SEO, they also called it We Made Up 7 Words That Perfectly Describe Life as a Parent of Young Kids because as you know, all posts need two titles because; Google. Anyway, I digress.
Although their post was about seven different aspects of life as a parent, it was one of these aspects that made my brain tick over. This is the meme they created about two types of babysitters you may encounter or need…
Of course, once I saw that all these other types of babysitters came to mind. So, here’s my list of Seven Types of Babysitters That You Might Consider To Look After Your Kids with thanks to Jen Goodhue for the inspiration;
- Someone who crashes on the couch after your kids run them ragged and ends up sleeping at your house, even though you return home to relieve them of their duties.
- Someone who you can rely on to crash at your place to look after the kids until the next day as you are away for the night or several nights.
- Someone who can look after your kids during daylight hours only.
- Someone who sells your household stuff while you’re away
- Someone who tries to sell your child online (refer to my post How to Sell Your Baby Online….)
- Someone that is trust worthy enough, but if you had another option you’d pick someone else to look after your kids.
Greybesitter (UK English) Graybesitter (US English)
- Your own parents when they look after your kids.
- Any child-minding grandparents.
- Anyone old enough to remember the war and will regale your children with stories about food rations and duck and cover techniques.
- Someone who brings their Playstation, Xbox or Nintendo Wii U or computer game loaded tablet with them and lets your kids play the games.
- Someone who will actually get down on the floor and interact with your kids instead of letting them run amok whilst they sit their watching television or hanging out on social media.
- Someone who makes your child listen to Barbara Streisand while giving them a maker over that looks Fab. U. Lous.
- Someone who, despite what the media, right wing conservatives and Bible-bashing Christians will proclaim, will be the most reliable person you can ALWAYS count on to look after your kids, be there on time, and keep your house tidy despite the kids taking out every toy and every book from the shelf.
Got any to add? Let me hear your best babysitter pun…